It's a tool for unattended mass deployment of Linux. You can take one or more virgin PC's, turn on the power, and after a few minutes, the systems are installed, and completely configured to your exact needs, without any interaction necessary.
Motto: Plan your installation, and FAI installs your plan.
- [3 Sep 2013] FAI 4.0.8 released
- [15 September 2011] CentOS and Scientific Linux Cern support more ...
- [21 Dec 2009] The FAI project celebrates its 10th anniversary. (article in German)
- Installs and updates Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL, SuSe, ...
- Centralized deployment and configuration management
- Installs XEN domains, VirtualBox and Vserver
- Easy set up of software RAID and LVM
- Full remote control via ssh during installation
- Integrated disaster recovery system
- Every stage can be customized via hooks