FAI CD: The Easy Way to Start With FAI
FAI ISO large (963 MB) The default image. Includes all packages for XFCE and GNOME but only the basefiles for CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 16.04
FAI ISO small (590 MB) Only the XFCE packages are included. Other packages and basefiles are downloaded from the internet.
FAI ISO Ubuntu (1.1 GB) This image only installs Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. All packages are included.
Autodiscover CD (19 MB) Boot only image which autodiscovers the FAI server.
All boot images use Debian jessie, FAI 5.3.4, kernel 3.16, amd64 architecture, sha256sum.asc of the ISO's
FAI ISO small (stretch) (685 MB) This is the small FAI CD using Debian stretch, kernel 4.9.
FAI on a USB stickYou can write the ISO image onto a USB stick using the command dd(1):
dd if=faicd64-large_5.3.4.iso of=/dev/sdX
Short description for the FAI boot images
- These installation images can install Debian 8 (XFCE and GNOME), Ubuntu 16.04 and CentOS 7, without the need of an install server
- No network is needed and you can install the whole system from the installation media.
- You can set up your own FAI install server using this installation media.
- You can select from a simple menu which distribution to install
- After the installation the account demo with the password fai is available.
- The root password is also fai.
- The system will be installed to the first disk. All data on the disk will be deleted.
- All log files from the installation can be found in /var/log/fai/localhost/last/
- Look at the fai-cd slideshow! Showing a complete installation from CD
Tue, 31 Jan 2017 14:41:35 +0100