Motto: Plan your installation, and FAI installs your plan.
FAI is a tool for unattended mass deployment of Linux. It's a system to install and configure Linux systems and software packages on computers as well as virtual machines, from small labs to large-scale infrastructures like clusters and virtual environments. You can take one or more virgin PC's, turn on the power, and after a few minutes, the systems are installed, and completely configured to your exact needs, without any interaction necessary.
FAI.me is a build service to create custom installation images or ready-to-boot disk images for desktops, server, virtual machines or cloud-computing platforms.
- [Feb 09, 2023] The FAIme build service now supports Debian 12 aka bookworm using FAI 6.0
- [Jan 15, 2023] The new ISO images using FAI 6.0
- [Jan 13, 2023] FAI 6.0 released
- [Jan 21, 2021] FAIme now adds non-free firmware needed for wireless cards
- I announced the FAI.me service
- done Installs Debian, Ubuntu, Rocky Linux, CentOS, RHEL, SUSE, ...
- done Centralized deployment and configuration management
- done Automated installation of virtual machines using KVM, XEN or VirtualBox and Vserver
- done Creation of custom disk image for OpenStack, KVM, VirtualBox, VMware, Azure, EC2, GCE
- done Easy set up of software RAID and LVM
- done Full remote control via ssh during installation
- done Integrated disaster recovery system
- done Every stage can be customized via hooks
- done_all And many more...
FAI is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL, version 2 or any later version.